How to set up your myRPS account online
Before you start make sure you have the following to hand:
- Pension Reference Number
- National Insurance number
- Email address
Then follow the steps below.
- Visit any page of the member website - railwayspensions.co.uk
The site works well on most browsers but is not supported by Internet Explorer 11 or Android using IOS versions 10 and under.
- Look at the top right hand corner of your screen.
If you’re on a desktop or laptop, click ‘login/register’.
If you’re on a tablet or phone, select ‘menu.' Then login/register.
- Select create an account
4. Fill in your pension reference number
You can find this on any recent letters we’ve sent you. It should be a series of nine numbers, followed by /00 or a series of letters, followed by a series of numbers.
5. Add your National Insurance number
6. Enter your date of birth
7. Enter your personal email address
You will need to re-enter it in the box underneath just to make sure we’ve got it right
8. Create a password
This must be between 8 and 20 characters long. And contain at least:
- 1 upper case letter
- 1 lower case letter
- 1 number
- 1 special character or symbol
You will see green ticks displayed when you have met all of these requirements
9. Choose a security question from the drop down menu
10. Type your answer to the security question in the box where requested
11. Read the terms and conditions. Then tick the box to confirm you have done so
12. Select ‘register now’
13. Check your email.
You should have received an email to the email address you entered when registering. This confirms that your registration has been successful. It may be in your spam/junk folder rather than your inbox.
14. Click the link in the email asking you to verify your account.
15. The link will take you back to the RPS website. You will then need to re-enter the email address and password you used to register.
16. Select log in to myRPS
17. Add a final piece of memorable information
For added security, you’ll use this together with your password each time you log in. It should be at least 8 characters in length and be easy for you to remember.
18. Select create memorable information.
19. You should then be taken to your myRPS dashboard. And you’re all done.
To log back in at any time, simply
- visit the website
- select login/register on a laptop or desktop or menu on a mobile
- re-enter your email address, password and memorable information
You can see a short video of these steps here
You can also find video other video guides for using the website here
- How to request an estimate
- How to nominate
- How to switch investment funds
- How to use the DC retirement modeller