My IWDC options

As a member of the IWDC, how much you get when you retire, will depend on:

  • the performance of the funds you’re invested in
  • how much you and your employer have paid in
  • when you retire
  • how you decide to use your Personal Retirement Account (PRA)

You find out more about each of these options by clicking here

By logging in to your myRPS account here you can also

  • request an estimate
  • view your latest statements and
  • see what your pension pot might be worth when you retire by using the retirement modeller 

As a preserved member, you can still ​check and change your investment fund choices and your Target Retirement Age.

You can also: 

  • ​claim your preserved benefits at your ​Normal Retirement ​Age (if you're not sure when this is, check your Member Guide by logging into your myRPS account or call the Helpline on 0800 012 1117
  • claim your benefits early. However, your benefits may be lower because your pension pot ​​has to provide benefits for longer, or
  • transfer your RPS benefits into another scheme


Remember to quote your pension reference number when contacting RPMI.  This can be found on any correspondence you receive from the Scheme and will also be shown in the Membership Details section when you log into your myRPS account.

Lots more information is available in a guide to retirement options for DC members.

You must claim your preserved benefits on, or before, your Normal Retirement Age (NRA).  Any benefits not claimed within six ​years of NRA will only be paid with the Trustee's agreement (in line with Scheme Rules).

Get help and advice

You might like to get independent financial advice before making decisions about claiming or transferring your benefits.

Liverpool Victoria (LV) has been carefully chosen to give members access to financial advice. LV can be contacted on 0800 023 4187.  

 You are still free to choose your own Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). You can find an IFA in your area at