Life's big changes


If you die before you start claiming your ​preserved benefits, a cash lump sum could be paid to your beneficiaries.

To make sure this lump sum is paid to the right people/organisations as soon as possible, it's a very good idea to complete a Nomination form. This tells the​ Trustee who your beneficiaries are.

You can complete, change or update your nominations online at myRPS. It's quick and easy!

Divorce or dissolution

The breakdown of a relationship is a difficult time.

It’s likely your preserved pension will be taken into account along with your other assets when a financial settlement is being worked out for divorce or dissolution.

However, if you are living with your partner but are not married or in a civil partnership, they are not entitled to any of your pension benefits if you separate.

Read more in our Divorce and your pension guide.